Monday, December 1, 2008

Venice the "City of Water"


David just sent me an email with a link to this article about all the record flooding in Venice right now. It made me want to look through our pictures to find some to post to compare to all the flooding ones on MSN. The video above is of me feeding the pigeons in Piazza San Marco. The picture below is what the square looked like then, and now.
And here's another couple good pictures of David just around the corner by St. Mark's Basilica {click to enlarge}.
And one last photo of us together - they are super rare, so I'm posting it:
And my favorite picture for last is of my grandfather Charles in the same square (about my same age?? not sure....) feeding the pigeons. I used to always wonder how he got that bird on his hand. Now I know. It's hard NOT to have a bird on your hand (or head, or shoulder or arms, or stalking you!) in this square!!! Isn't that a great photo though?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is so sad that the flooding is so bad.
But your pics are gorgeous (of course, they have you in them!)
And the one of your Grandpa is very cool!
B-

Related Posts with Thumbnails